A fair service for tenants
“We would both like to thank you for being an excellent landlord over the eight years we have rented from you and we will happily recommend you to anyone who is looking for a home.”Tracy & Matthew
Are you a tenant looking for a good quality property to rent in Nottingham?
Have you heard of or experienced high agents’ fees in the past or had difficulties with a landlord and now you’re looking for a reputable letting agency that will support your legal rights as a tenant?
Are you keen to rent through a letting agent that is fully regulated and up-to-date with the latest legislation?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Able Property Trust, we’re passionate about protecting the rights of tenants and supporting those many landlords in Nottingham who provide high-quality accommodation.
For the past 18 years, we have built up an amazing network of contacts and now have more than 200 properties in and around Nottingham on our books on either a tenant find or full management basis. The level of service we provide means that we have many tenants who prefer to let through us and a high number of word of mouth recommendations.
- Our fees are transparent, fair and in keeping with current legislation
- We were one of the first letting agents in the region to be recognised as a Safe Agent
- We are licensed by the National Approved Lettings Scheme (NALS)
- We are members of the Property Ombudsman Scheme
- We have an excellent relationship with the Tenants’ Voice, an organisation championing the rights of tenants in the UK
- We have a dedicated property maintenance team to ensure that any problems are dealt with immediately
- All of our properties have appropriate safety checks and certificates
- Deposits are held by mydeposits, a government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme
Becoming a tenant with Able Property Trust
To rent a property through Able Property Trust, you need to be aware of the following requirements:
Our fees – You will need:
- One month’s rent in advance
- A holding deposit equivalent to one month’s rent, refundable at the end of your tenancy
- Tenancy agreement fee of £200.00 – This fee covers all reference checks, credit checks and the drawing up of your contract. This one-off fee is charged at the start of your tenancy and is charged for the contract in its entirety, not for how many people are being added to the contract, i.e. the fee is still £200.00, whether there is one person or three people on the same contract. Renewals, if required by you, the tenant, are charged at just £75.00
- Fee to register your deposit – £12.00 (This fee goes to mydeposits.co.uk and not to us)
Your holding deposit is lodged with mydeposits.co.uk for the full term of your tenancy to ensure it remains protected.
References – You will also need to provide references from your:
- Current landlord or mortgage lender
- Current employer
- Some form of ID (e.g. Passport / Driving Licence / NI Number)
Terms and conditions
- SORRY, WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY TENANTS IN RECEIPT OF HOUSING BENEFIT
- All rental payments to be made by standing order on the first of every month
- Decorating in properties is only allowed if written permission is given by Able Property Trust
- LENGTH OF INITIAL TENANCY: either 6 or 12 months
Documents you’ll need as a tenant with Able Property Trust, Nottingham letting agents
You can see our latest vacancies here. If you would like to discuss a current vacancy or find out more about becoming a tenant with Able Property Trust, please give Jez a call on 07887 511 449 or email him at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to discuss your needs.
We also feature our vacancies (as well as loads of useful information about tenants’ rights & property legislation) over on our Able Property Trust Facebook page. We’d love to see you there.
Looking for great value tenants' insurance?
We’ve teamed up with the Alan Boswell Group to be able to offer you a quote for a comprehensive insurance policy that will give you peace of mind that your contents are covered.